Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Does he race the car? Like really race it not once or twice a year. I know of a w8 motor right now you can buy for 5000. You need to know where to look."

plus what does one need for W8? how much stall? Gear? Most BB need 4000-4500 max. You can run 10's w/ 4.10's and you don't need to rev the tar out of it. The engine I have w/ a good intake and Dominator would run low 10's easy in an A-body w/ a 4000 stall and 4.10's. I could drive it 60 miles race and drive it home. I paid 3k for it valley pan to oil pan.

I don't know about low 10's with your motor, your only running mid 11's now! I will agree you would be faster in a tricked out 70 duster or something. Which brings us to the meat of the post your running 11's with a bb and some with sb are running 8's and 9's, are you wanting to pull your motor and stick it in a A body? Probably not, just like guys that are happy running whatever et with a SB couldn't care less about going to a BB.

My setup is far from prefect as it sits. The six-pack is a limiting factor as well as the stall and gear. I haven't even got a run w/ the cal-tracs yet nor have I messed w/ the outboards. Again this is a freshened up motor w/ a bunch of used parts. The SBs you are talking about are all out race motors and cost double or triple what I have and would never run close to 8's or 9's in a 3800lb car. And I have done the B to A body swap. I had a nice 383 that ran 13.20's (spinning)in a full steel 69 Charger, nothing special .030 over 10:1 383, ported 915 heads w/ 1.81, 2.14 valves, 509 cam, headers, torker II, 750DP...usual early 90's build pulled the motor stuck it in a 68 dart (gutted no inner fenders, gutted hood), and it ran 11.98 w/ a suspect trans. Car would have run easy 11.50's w/ a good trans. So I know what a lighter car will do.
$ for $ you won't beat a BB wedge. Sure you can spend a ton of money on a race SB or Hemi but for most of us here those are not options.

Just plugged my motor in your 3800 pound car, wallace spit out 8.94@151. R5P7 Duster has 7000 in his and goes mid nines na where are you getting a big block with type of parts in it for that money? Your not going too. Why do your examples keep getting slower? First you said mid nines, then mid tens now we are all the way down to mid 11s, big difference in those times.

I used to have factory 340 block, mp 3.65 stroke crank(close out 550 new) edelbrock rpms, eagle rods, m1 intake and off the shelf crowler roller. Low dollar motor ran on pump gas and went mid tens na and mid nines on the bottle.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction