Quote:

Rapid R...This is what it did while priming with drill & priming shaft and 3 qrts oil in pan with bottom of strainer 3/8" above the bottom of the pan (which makes the majority of the debris screen 5/8" above the bottom of the pan): oil pressure went to 50 psi,then gurgling sound started and psi slowly went down to 40 psi and we stopped the drill. Added 2 qrts more oil (5 qrt total) and had 50 psi constant with no gurgling.

???? Another question I have is this: With the pickup screen this "high" will solids collect at the bottom of the pan that will not be get suspended in the oil? I like to drain oil when it's hot, thinking I have the solids suspended in the oil and thus are removed when the oil is drained out.

The pickup is somewhat too high & yes you need that "extra"? qt to maintain psi. No opinion on the potential for it to crack beings it is suspended but just me I wouldn't sweat that but it is a legitimate concern. On the suspended solids as you said just drain it when hot & you might jack up the front to tilt the pan a bit rearward to get more out & it's a non issue, everything there will drain out. I've even tossed a qt or 2 of cheap oil at that point to flush more of the crudded oil out of the bottome crevices of the sump. Kinda OCD but thats me

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth