Have had box installed and back on the road for a couple of days now. Box running on top center, tie rod off slightly with one side 1/2 inch longer than other,,,quarter inch subtracted from longer one will take care of this, but likely no impact on handling so why worry. Will have alignment checked again, just because.

Steering now feels like a new car compared to before and goes down the road and turns much better than before correction of box mounting. So far could not be more pleased with on center feel of steering.

I would suggest that those who market this box include some shimming mechanism with them when shipping,,,,or at the very least inform the end user of the possibility that they could be required for a successful and correct installation. Would have certainly saved me much aggravation if this had been done.

Not once in many calls and emails seeking tech support did anyone suggest that a simple shim might be required to resolve the experienced issues. It was only on this forum and some of its(been there done that members) that I was informed of this option, both in this thread and another one where these issues were discussed. Does make one wonder however why this suggestion was never forthcoming from the vendor,,,however i suspect that certain members have opinions.

As far as I can determine, I am the first to explicitly to complain of the steering box being off center and the problems with tie rod ends and the setting of proper toe. However am certain that those who did shimming were aware of this,,that's why they shimmed. I suggest that others who may be unaware check out their own installation.

There are 2 simple clues as to potential problem:

1. Does your steering shaft goe straight into the box coupler or U joint, or does it make an angle,,which is incorrect.

2. Does the flat spot on input shaft to box point directly at 9 O'clock, not at 11 or so. The flat spot should be at 9, if not you are likely not on top center. Bergman coupler set screw should also be at 9 if you are using their coupler and not Borgeson U-joint solution.

Given all this, once the box is successfully installed, it appears to be a worthy product to improve the driving experience of these 40 year plus incredible automobiles.

Thanks again to all who chimed in with suggestions and ideas.