Just wrapped up installation of replacement box today. Had exactly same outcome as original box,,,steering box 30 degrees off top center,,,rough estimate, steering shaft require extreme angle to insert into coupler, left tie rod 1/2 inch longer than right side and differing number of steering wheel turns for full full right turns verses full left turns which means differing radius's.

Shimmed box with quarter inch thick by 1 inch wide by some 3 inch long steel stock with 2 notches cut in to fit around 1/2 inch mounting bolts. Loosen 3 bolts slide shim in and tighten to 95 pounds.

Steering box now at top center and full left and full right turn radius's are same and steering shaft now goes straight into coupler as per Mopar spec. Tie rods still differing lengths, perhaps another 1/8 inch of shim will correct,,,may have enough thread to correct while maintaining toe,,,will check this out.

In my estimate, these boxes are jigged incorrectly. This has cost me considerable money, time, labor and frustration which would have been minimized with candor from certain folks when I first sought assistance and advice some 8 or 9 months ago when this anxiety ridden journey first began.

This swap of boxes is a very labor intensive task, particularly if you are running TTI headers and likely other models too.

Incidentally as per Peter Bergman, the box is not at top center unless the flat spot on your input shaft is pointed outward from engine at exactly 9 o'clock, same as for Bergman coupler set screw. 11 o'clock is incorrect.

With him on this I am total agreement. To this I might add, if your steering shaft is not going straight with no angle, you might want to determine why not.