Quote:

Thanks, Ron. Yeah, I may be one of those guys that seem to be too picky about what I wanted from the car. Many guys may have left well enough alone. From 1987 to 2002 I had a Camaro that was a great handling road car. I wanted the Charger to surpass that car in every category and I am getting really close. The Dodge will outrun the Chevy by a longshot but the road manners need work. Most of the problems are from mistakes that I have made, not by any design flaw of Ma Mopar. I wish that I did more research when I first built this engine. High compression really raises the stakes, requiring the driver to keep close tabs on the tune and fuel octane requirements. I've been used to running regular or mid grade gas since I first got my license in 1982.

You are smart enough to admit if its your fault from not enough research and then you will do something about it to fix it. Being honest about and with your own car is a good step when we fix them ourselfs as I can attest for that also. How many times do we or our friends do work to their or our cars and then drive in them and say.........yea it does feel better ??? But really does it ?? I will never forget when my buddies 340 Duster would only run like 13.40's and we felt it should run easy high to mid 12's. Well he had a GER converter and everyone including me said they have a bad rep and he should get it out of the car. So he went right to a 4200 stall 8 inch Turbo Action which a few told him to use (I felt it was way to much) but I remember to this day when he and even I myself both drove the car and said.......................heck yea it feels way better. Went back to the track and no lie it ran 13.40's again !!!! No kidding as its just a point I am saying as its easy to even fool ourselfs and the little things that we like to improve on our cars are even harder as many times its not alot but enough that we know as we drive our own cars every day. Many times I know when my car just did not feel right I would think (since I was a tech all my life) that if a cust brought their car in and told me its not running right that I would most likely tell them its running fine but because its their car the car they drive every day they can tell its off a tad but unless you drove it all the time it would feel fine to anyone else. But you have stuck with yours and fixed many little problems that were just not 100% right. And for that I am glad to hear its running better and give you credit for sticking with it no matter what some of us have said. I know I love it when I fire up my 63's eng and it is running great !! Ron