Quote:

The blue fitting is probably a generic 9/16-18 and the mopar fitting is an oddball 9/16-20. Best you can do is cross thread the plastic. I can lend you these if you want. Pm if interested, but I need them back.

@Pynzo- I didn't know about the oddball thread- that explains a lot. And thanks for the offer but that's ok- I can probably cobble together my own with what I can find at the local parts store. I just need the tool that's used to expand the line opening- I've got line cutters so I can probably make it out of stock lines.

Sorry that it's been a while since my last post- life got in the way However I did manage to take another look at the MC today and I found something interesting....

When I left off working on the bench bleeding, I had left the MC about 1/3 full of brake fluid, with the lines from the bench bleed kit still set up. Fast-forward about a month 'till now, when I just took a look at the setup not 5 minutes ago and I found that while the fluid level in the front reservoir was where I had left it, the back reservoir was bone dry again (this is the same reservoir that I had reported seeing bubbles coming from the back port). Also, this is the very same thing I had noticed many months ago which had led me to think the front brake cylinders (one or both) had developed a leak, and had decided to do the front-disk swap rather than fix the cylinders....

However, now I have the lines disconnected and it managed to leak anyway. The first thing I though of was that it had seeped into the brake booster, but inspecting the outside of the booster I didn't find any signs on the booster body of fluid having seeped out of it. Now it's possible that the cheap plastic 'line nut' from the MC bleeding kit may've seeped, and in feeling around it I did find a film of fluid- but only a film. I didn't find any fluid (or a stain where fluid had pooled and then evaporated) under the car, either.

The only thing I can think of is that it did leak thru the back into the booster, but the booster had somehow retained the fluid. I'm going to pull the MC from the booster and take a look and report back on what I find in a bit...

David

P.S. Just pulled it- couldn't find any signs of leakage into the booster. The only thing I can think of now is that I've got a defective MC... :P

P.P.S. Took another look- thought this time to also look at the BACK of the MC- and I found a pretty heavy film of fluid around the bottom of the cylinder itself. So it DOES have a leak.

Last edited by David_Trimble; 10/05/14 06:20 PM.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T