This is a continuing saga of doing a disk brake swap on my '69 Charger using the front spindles from a '77 Diplomat (the car had originally had factory front disks but one of the previous owners had swapped out the front disks to front drums- the MC, booster and prop valve were left on). My garage, being the oven that it is during the summer is finally cooling down to the point where I can work on this conversion w/o having heat stroke.....

This all started as the car never really had very good brakes to begin with. In inspecting the master cylinder in preparation to bench bleeding it (as suggested by a board member when I had initially posted my issue) I found that apparently the front right wheel cylinder had failed and all the fluid had seeped out, leaving me with a empty rear reservoir. Hence the conversion.

Fast forward to now, where everything has been converted and I'm back at square 1 again- bench bleeding the MC. Had the brake lines disconnected and ran hoses back to the reservoirs and commenced bleeding.

I noticed one disturbing thing during the process - while the hoses themselves did not seem to be returning bubbles to the reservoirs, I noticed that the port on the back reservoir was bubbling whenever the pedal was depressed. Also, I could hear a sucking sound as the pedal was released.

The MC had been rebuilt- about 10 years ago. I'm beginning to wonder if one of the seals had failed (and which may've been the cause of all my woes to begin with ), or is this 'normal' operation? (I have a feeling it isn't...)

Thanks once again!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T