Quote:

On a dual-plane manifold, a 042 shooter seems quite large. As others have mentioned, the pink cam may not be the best for a street car since it is lazy in lift right off idle. I would suggest changing the pump cam first, and then come back down on the shooter. Every setup is slightly different. Try an orange cam to start. I suspect the shooter can come down into the range of 031 with the right cam but change one thing at a time. In my opinion, the cam is the more important of the two on a street car.

FWIW I have the MP single plane manifold, not a dual plane.

I played around a little today with the car (more trying to test for vapor lock) but got it good and hot and tried to note this issue. It seems the bog only occurs if the throttle is blipped pretty fast and over 50% or so. Just giving it some moderate pedal or a blip under half throttle seems fine...no bog.

If the bog occurs at quick throttle opening over 50%, this means I need a cam that gives more fuel in that range (>50%)?

Either way, I will get my buddy's set of cams and try the red or orange and see what happens. I have a 32/38/42 squirters here I can try later if that helps the problem.

Thanks so much guys!