Hi Robert,
Thanks for the reply. I get what you are saying. If I leave the car sitting for over a week I do not get a pump shot if i just walk up to it and pull the linkege back. This means that the gas has left the bowl via some mechanisms (evaporation, porosity of carb body, etc.). But in this case I am saying that after manually filling the bowl with enough gas for it to run for 15 seconds (about 2 ounces or so)... It then has stalled twice on me and failed to restart. At that time (literally seconds after it stalled after running for a number of seconds)it had no pump shot AFTER. To me this means it stalled cause the bowl volume wasn't replenished and it went dry. This is not an evaporation issue as only seconds have gone by... so it needs to be something else that is fixed by opening up of the fuel lines (which I have done in both case diagnosing) or truly is random and has just fixed itself. for me it has got to be something else that can be identified and fixed. I am just not knowledgable enough to know what it could be... from my knowledge fuel pumps work or they don't. the fact that one time after a stall I got flow at the carb inlet and 1 time did not while cranking is puzzling. When i did get flow it actually was the next day as i had walked away thinking it was the fuel pump and didn't wan to diagnose at that time. When I did not get flow at the carb inlet opening the fuel line at the pump inlet and pulling gas with my vacuum pump seemed to fix it????