69 440

Twice in the past 2 weeks i've been having a fuel delivery issue. My usual starting routine is to use a syringe to put 2 ounces of gas in the fuel bowl via the external bowl vent (Carter AVS) and put 1/2 an ounce down the primaries and then turn over. it lights instantly. first time it ran about 10 seconds and stalled and would not restart. pull the accelerator linkage back and it was dry. so i refilled the bowl and it lit and ran for a few seconds... no pump shot afterwards. assumed it was the fuel pump. next day I tapped carb body with hammer and disconnected fuel fitting at carb and turned it over... it pumped gas. so i reconnected put a bit of gas in the bowl and it started and ran till i powerd down 10 minutes later... fast forward to today same thing it started and ran for about 10 seconds. after stall no pump shot and bowl was dry. pulled line at carb and turned over. it didn't pump. then i pulled the fuel line feed at the fuel pump and put my mityvac on it. easily pulled gas from tank. so i reconnected the line and went back to end of line at carb and turned it over again. this time it pumped gas. so I primed the bowl and it started and ran fine.

I'm guessing my fuel pump is fine, but what could cause this? first time it happened car was cold and hadn't run in weeks. second time i had run it for about 20 minutes several hours prior and it was fine.

scared to take it out of the garage at this point before resolving this issue.

Thanks for any help.