Sounds like your talking BB but I know plenty of guys
that make 600+ hp on the stock pick up... a 3/8"
hole can supply a lot of oil under pressure

yup BB. is there a reason why I shouldn't use the
stock oiling system? probably going to be doing upgrades soon like a roller cam and tunnel ram so the hp might be around 650 soon.

MrP is dead on, my pump gas Duster motor, 518 C.I. low deck with a roller cam, made 727 HP at 5600 RPM the last time it was on the DTS engine dyno in Klamath Falls, OR(4300+ ft elevation ) I used the Speed Pro, Federal Mogul narrow full groove main bearings(pt # 4094M, I think) and the same brand rod bearings, BB Chevy rods size though Both mains and rods had more than .0032 clearances, I used a high volume oil pump and cut the bypass spring down so the motor had 65 lbs pressure at or above 5000 RPM with hot oil, I used 5W20 Wt Valvoline non synthetic . I bought and used a stock Mopar replacement oil pan, (6 quarts ) 1970-71 440 6Pak and 426 Street Hemi B and E body with the stock 3/8 440 6 Pak pickup and a stock Mopar windage tray I do make my own crankshaft scrapers to help keep the oil in the pan instead of being whupped up into a froth around the crankshaft at high RPM Lots of solutions out there IHTHs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)