Quote:

Did they ever idle dead smooth?

Quote:

Did you compare the old mounts vs. the new? I ran into the same situation with my Daytona. Side mount was completely torn, engine mount ripped and trans. mount twisted badly. Replaced them all.

My neon was pretty smooth since I bought it in 2004. Recently I had started to notice a “clunk” when the tranny shifted. I figured the mounts were on their way out which was confirmed when the timing belt work was being done. This is why I did it all at once. Since the mounts have been fixed, no clunk, just the vibration or mild shudder when stopped, engine running, in gear. Neutral or park does mellow it out just a little.

Quote:

Yea, was going to mention that but was focused on the vibration. I have to clean my IAC about once a year. I usually just doing it when I clean my K&N since I am in there anyway. I know the autos are a little rougher and could be the tranny mount or even the torque converter causing. Just as a follow up, if you are using a lot more fuel then it is probably learning. I dropped about 5mpg, it was like running e-85 mileage.

I have never cleaned the IAC to be honest. EDIT: I just looked it up and it doesn't seem too difficult to remove. I may do that tomorrow and clean it up. I'll keep you posted and let everyone know if it actually makes a difference.

Quote:

One of the things we ran into at the dealer was rust from inside the fuel rail crapping up the injectors causing a rough idle.

Now this intrigues me…. Did you have to replace the rail or just clean it out? Are you saying the rust particles were wedged into the injector itself or the rail? Did this usually mean injector replacements?

This small issue isn’t a deal breaker with my neon; I plan on keeping it a long time. It’s just annoying is all….

Thanks for the replies guys!

Last edited by eightlitermopar; 06/14/14 01:18 AM.