Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very cool Kevin, glad to see it finally getting worked on. You know how badly I wanted it! Did JW ever make good on the fender tag?

haha I know you wanted the car! I wish we could have done a deal with the maxi, but things were really messed up back a few years ago but no he didn't after numerous attempts to get a hold of him and even going as far as messaging him through facebook I haven't had any luck.. I still have a picture of the original tag along with the build sheet in hand, but being a lynch rd car, the sheet is way more important anyway.

Having the original tag or a picture of it is one of the only circumstances that would justify a replacement tag IMO. I know not everyone will agree, but I'd get one done up if that were the case.

...don't give up on the original; maybe the guy will grow a conscience.

Dave

with you, 100% I'm kind of suprised that JW didn't send you the tag.

No doubt about the originality here

I have no idea why he wouldn't send it. It was with the car when the agreement to buy it was made and when I went to go make the trip out, he went to the drawer where he kept it and it wasn't there. told me he'd send it later when he found it but never did (even after offering a finders fee for it..) since then, he moved to california and got a different email and phone number. He wont respond to any of my messages. Like I said, Im just glad the build sheet is with the car and a picture of the tag exists.

We've been doing some more welding on the car, drivers 1/4 is all welded in. all that's left to do welding wise is to replace the drivers floor pan and patch in where the frame connectors came through the floor. Depends on when we have to make hay, its possible we might be done in a week or 2. At that, We'll get the car interior, trunk, engine bay, jams and bottom side cleaned up, primed and painted correctly.

1971 Plymouth Duster 340 auto
1937 Plymouth PT50
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 speed
2013 Ram laramie 2500 hemi
2008 Harley FLSTSB springer