Quote:

Quote:

Hard to go wrong with Product Engineering, or Magnafuel.

I'm just over the 700hp mark, and run Product Engineering pump.

I sent mine in the other day to get it rebuilt after 7 years of running for about 5000 miles and regularly sitting for up to 3 and 4 months of sitting between uses. I'm told by John that is not good for them.

John at Product Engineering told me to run the pump at least once a week to keep the seals lubed and I won't have this problem again. I will do so from now on.

He also told me he tests each pump, and if it can't pull fuel from 2 feet above the fuel level, the pumps don't go out his door. I've looked around and all other pumps I've seen have to be mounted below the fuel level.

Mine is mounted above my tank in the trunk. It's a beast when it comes to flowing some serious fuel. It can fill a gallon jug in about 9 seconds.

I'm in the process of designing a different fuel system using an in tank pump with road race style 4-pod fuel pick-ups, a surge tank with another pump in it with a regulator and a return regulator at the front of the car to get the pressures down to carb friendly pressures.

This system will be virtually silent, flow enough fuel for around 1200 normally aspirated horsepower, won't have issues with cavitation or introduce air pockets into the lines when your fuel level gets low and is OEM reliable.

There is a reason they say to mount it at or below
the bottom of the tank...it keeps it wet for the seals
and it will prime easier.... most any pump will lift
2'... but remember that the pump creates a negative
pressure and atmospheric pressure fills it... thats
why they all like a larger supply line going to the pump