Quote:

Quote:

I'm just over the 700hp mark, and run Product Engineering pump.

I sent mine in the other day to get it rebuilt after 7 years of running for about 5000 miles and regularly sitting for up to 3 and 4 months of sitting between uses. I'm told by John that is not good for them.

John at Product Engineering told me to run the pump at least once a week to keep the seals lubed and I won't have this problem again. I will do so from now on.

He also told me he tests each pump, and if it can't pull fuel from 2 feet above the fuel level, the pumps don't go out his door.

Mine is mounted above my tank in the trunk. It's a beast when it comes to flowing some serious fuel. It can fill a gallon jug in about 9 seconds.

How did you know it needed a rebuild? I hadn't thought about sending mine in for a checkup but since it's been sitting approximately 5-6 years with no use it sounds like it might be due for a rebuild

Sorry to derail the original question...

It blew the 40 amp fuse, and once it was replaced, the pump sounded seized.

John, the owner of Product Engineering, said the seal dries out and fails when it sits, which allows the fuel to wash the lube out of the lower bearing and then it seizes up. I'd send it in.

If you are going to store it, run some diesel through it and let it sit like that, but not through your carbs.

Last edited by jbc426; 05/23/14 03:37 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)