Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IMHO, if you run a tube cage I don't think you need to run the inner fender braces.

Here's a rough sketch idea of mine. Trying to route triangulation into the front chassis box. Trying to resist twist.

I don't think you could run a straight cross bar from the front k-member bolt area to the other side. I'm pretty sure that goes right through the crank pulley.

Not sure but does any of this tubimg need to meet and dia or thickness requirements since not part of the cage?

Not sure how without any bolted connections, motor could be removed from above. But the design looks solid.

Engine crossbars generally don't have thickness specs. They are not really a safety deal, mostly performance deal.

In the pictures I posted here of the motor plate, that is initial assymbly at the beginning of the season. There are a system of crossbars yet to be bolted on. If you look closely there are small tubes going through the large roll cage tubes. Crossbars (we called it a spider web) bolts to those through tubes.

Yes the crossbars bolt on. And most connections are not bolted with a thru bolt connecting overlapping flanges.

Here's what it looks like with the center cage bolted in.

We went to smaller grade 8 bolts becasue of weight and that the previous years 3/4" grade 8 bolts were overkill compared the bars they connected too.

The two very narrow bars are just to support the radiator.

This was a one-off all-out chassis built to win another track championship (it did) and run for national championship (close but not). Things got wacky on this car. For instance, the little welded in tubes that the cross bar bolts go thru the roll bar are machined thin in the center to reduce weight.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 05/11/14 09:15 PM.