Quote:

Quote:

IMHO, if you run a tube cage I don't think you need to run the inner fender braces.

Here's a rough sketch idea of mine. Trying to route triangulation into the front chassis box. Trying to resist twist.

I don't think you could run a straight cross bar from the front k-member bolt area to the other side. I'm pretty sure that goes right through the crank pulley.

That's a pretty comprehensive design IMO. Three areas I would like to see tweaked, if possible. 1. the short front upper 8"? connector, reduced to close to zero. 2. The L and R front upper down legs make a 45Deg? angle down towards the front, just make a straight tube starting the down angle at the last node, 3. At this same node add an angled tube heading back to lower chassis/firewall area.

...snip...

Yea, I considered a straight tube from the cowl to the front K-member bolt. But I wanted something higher to bolt the front X and crossbar to. Opps I forgot the crossbar! <-I went back and fixed my drawing.

I agree that going up and turning down doesn't prove much without the cross bar. But I know you will run right through the upper control arm mount if you go straight. And maybe get into tire clearance issue in an exteme situation. So it will need some sort of turn to it to miss things in the way.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 05/11/14 08:51 PM.