Quote:

The 67s are as mentioned were 4 speed/Dana and automatics/8.75.Most forget that when ordering there was the option to add,subtract or change specific items.Most were available from the factory and some opted to have the dealer install them.I know of two 67 Hemi automatic cars that came from the factory with Dana rearends.One was a 67 Dodge R/T that was sold at Haynes Motor Sales in Marion Il.The other was a 67 Belevedere that was purchased from a dealer in Faifield Il.Both these cars were ordered with the intent to race them and had other added and deleted items.The Plymouth was ordered by a guy named Farris and ended up at Wayne County Speed Shop and the last I heard that Joe Holmes raced it out of Carbondale and the car was sold numerous times since.As mentioned many times,on any given day Chrysler could surprise you.

What I recall was the salesman would let you check off the options you wanted on the sheet. Some options/boxes you didn't check because of supposedly not available.. but sometimes, the salesman would say "do it" and say "lets see what comes in"