Moparts

1967 hemi gtx question

Posted By: fishy340

1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 02:48 AM

My Dad owns one and this came up in our chat..We know 4 speeds came with a Dana rear. Did automatics come with a 8.75 from the dealer or did ALL hemi cars have a Dana rear ? Thankyou AndyB
Posted By: Ricky Bremmer

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 02:58 AM

you could get a dana 60 with an automatic as an option.
4 speeds were standard with dana 60.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 03:53 AM

I was not aware of any super trac pak option till 1969. As far as I know that was the only way to get a dana in an auto car.
Posted By: Ricky Bremmer

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 03:57 AM

Quote:

I was not aware of any super trac pak option till 1969. As far as I know that was the only way to get a dana in an auto car.

no 4.10 gears till 1969.
3.54 dana was biggest till 1968.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 04:14 AM

No dana with a Torqueflite until the Track Pack options in '69 AFAIK. 3.23:1 8 3/4 with a Torqueflite.

Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 05:28 AM

I've read that if you opted for the A-833 four speed, a Dana 60 came along with that option. I'm sure if you knew what you were looking for and had a willing salesman, you could have ordered the Dana behind a 727 (???).
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 07:01 AM

It's pretty simple.

1967 4 speed GTX's with Hemis AND 440 had 3.54 geared Dana 60's

1967 automatic GTX's with Hemi AND 440 had 8.75" rears.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 11:29 AM

Thanks men,he did have the car codes done many years ago but hes getting old and his memory is not what it was.
Then the 8.75 makes sense in the automatic.

Thankyou
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 12:50 PM

The 67s are as mentioned were 4 speed/Dana and automatics/8.75.Most forget that when ordering there was the option to add,subtract or change specific items.Most were available from the factory and some opted to have the dealer install them.I know of two 67 Hemi automatic cars that came from the factory with Dana rearends.One was a 67 Dodge R/T that was sold at Haynes Motor Sales in Marion Il.The other was a 67 Belevedere that was purchased from a dealer in Faifield Il.Both these cars were ordered with the intent to race them and had other added and deleted items.The Plymouth was ordered by a guy named Farris and ended up at Wayne County Speed Shop and the last I heard that Joe Holmes raced it out of Carbondale and the car was sold numerous times since.As mentioned many times,on any given day Chrysler could surprise you.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 04:46 PM

If there's an order code for factory ordering a Dana 60 on an automatic 67 GTX I'd love to see it.

Sheldon
Posted By: Beebuzzn

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 07:03 PM

Almost bought a 67 hemi charger 4spd. in the mid 90's nice car good history/documentation and it had an 8 3/4. just a factory screw up. Ended up buying a 67 hemi R/T 4spd. instead that the same person had for sale.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/26/14 07:23 PM

Years ago my friend had an R/T with auto.It had a Dana factory.I almost bought the Dana when he wrecked it.Like a fool I turned it down for 75 bucks.Rocky
Posted By: moparmoondog

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/27/14 04:05 AM

What about the 67 RO (Belvedere II) & WO (Coronet 440 model) Super Stock cars? Any possibility of a Dana in an automatic in these?

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/27/14 04:45 AM

Quote:

What about the 67 RO (Belvedere II) & WO (Coronet 440 model) Super Stock cars? Any possibility of a Dana in an automatic in these?

Same story as the Street Hemi cars
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/27/14 06:37 PM

Quote:

The 67s are as mentioned were 4 speed/Dana and automatics/8.75.Most forget that when ordering there was the option to add,subtract or change specific items.Most were available from the factory and some opted to have the dealer install them.I know of two 67 Hemi automatic cars that came from the factory with Dana rearends.One was a 67 Dodge R/T that was sold at Haynes Motor Sales in Marion Il.The other was a 67 Belevedere that was purchased from a dealer in Faifield Il.Both these cars were ordered with the intent to race them and had other added and deleted items.The Plymouth was ordered by a guy named Farris and ended up at Wayne County Speed Shop and the last I heard that Joe Holmes raced it out of Carbondale and the car was sold numerous times since.As mentioned many times,on any given day Chrysler could surprise you.

What I recall was the salesman would let you check off the options you wanted on the sheet. Some options/boxes you didn't check because of supposedly not available.. but sometimes, the salesman would say "do it" and say "lets see what comes in"

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/28/14 11:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What I recall was the salesman would let you check off the options you wanted on the sheet. Some options/boxes you didn't check because of supposedly not available.. but sometimes, the salesman would say "do it" and say "lets see what comes in"

Exactly,that's where those 4 door hemi cars came from.

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/29/14 01:03 AM

Quote:

Exactly,that's where those 4 door hemi cars came from.

Not in that case Bob, 1966 and 1967 Hemi 4 door B-bodies were a regularly available option, just not a very commonly chosen one.
Posted By: terzmo

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/29/14 01:25 AM

4 speed and hemi cars came with dana

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/29/14 01:36 AM

Quote:

1966 & 1967 b-bodies with a 4 speed 440, or a 4 speed hemi came with Dana 60

Fixed it for you!

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/31/14 05:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

1966 & 1967 b-bodies with a 4 speed 440, or a 4 speed hemi came with Dana 60

Fixed it for you!

And 8" rims No 440 in 66 B-bodys except in C-body platform,440/350hp?Holly carb.This information come from the Mopar Guru(Tony George)who ordered that 67 R/T Hemi auto with the Dana,order code (AX-48) from Haynes Smith Motor Sales.Tony is even older than me and based on his knowlege and mine we have a total of 102 years of hands on experinece with Chrysler.We have been know to piss off many of the "experts"

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/31/14 06:57 PM

Of course no 440 B-bodies's in 66 Bob. You know what I meant with that post
*I love to see new information, have your brother Tony post a copy of his Broadcast sheet, Id love to see it!

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/31/14 10:12 PM

Quote:

Of course no 440 B-bodies's in 66 Bob. You know what I meant with that post
*I love to see new information, have your brother Tony post a copy of his Broadcast sheet, Id love to see it!

No,I'am not a mind reader Scott.I just corrected your correction.As far from new information,it maybe new to you but it's old shitz for me and Tony.I have more files and information from the Chrysler from years before you were born.If you think that we would produce a broadcast sheet from a car bought 47 years ago just to satisfy your ego or are you just trying to prove me wrong.You and others claim to be the experts and make many incorrect statements and put them out as facts.Most every broadcast sheet stayed with the cars and are a holy grail for a hemi car,to keep one and not the car would be a sacrilege and cause to be crusified.Of course you knew that and that's why you asked for it.Truth be told at one time Tony and I considered you as a friend and tried to be helpful in educating you but you let you ego get the best of you and put yourself on a pedestal.Tony and I have been playing with Chrysler cars since the 50s and racing since the 60s as well as working for various Chrysler dealership in sales and mechanics.We operate BGR which is a over 15,000 sg,ft.Mopar specialize shop.Never have we ever claimed to be gurus but we certainly have what is most valuable,hands on experience.Experience comes with age and years of knowledge not with what one has read or thinks.Hopefully you can accept my remarks not as an attack but to help you learn from the oldtimers that know and be respectfull,you might find you can gain our knowldge and our respect.

Re: 1967 hemi gtx question - 03/31/14 11:43 PM

Bob I never took anything personally, sorry if you did? Friends? Thats your call as well, I never considered you as anything else but. Guru? You never saw me proclaim to be one did you? Actually based on your last post you are the one making that claim. I have no problem accepting that Mopar sometimes made exceptions, but when something exceptional is claimed I dont take it as fact unless there are actual facts to back up the stories. So far I am only hearing the stories. Nothing personal, and not that you owe me anything, but if you expect me to accept what you say as fact, Ill need to see proof, simple as that.
© 2024 Moparts Forums