Well, still having problems. Been through about 5 sets of plugs at this point. I can get it to run a little now and I actually had it running OK today for a bit. However...

I was watching the A/F fuel gauge and it was in the ballpark - whack the throttle and after the initial lean spike it went down to the rich side but it was idling around 13. I goosed the throttle at one point and it suddenly went way lean so I shut it off. Could not restart it after that.

Checked the plugs, still fouled. I can't keep buying plugs! Plus, this has to be killing my rings. Oil pressure is still OK I guess, was 60 psi or so at a high idle. 20W-50 VR1. I need to change it though, it's getting black and and looks thin.

Here's some things I've done in no particular order - changed coil, cap, rotor and wires. Changed plugs to a hotter Autolite 3824. Rebuilt carb for the 10th time. Replaced accel. pump diaphragms. Replaced primary needle and seat. Adjusted throttle blades again to verify transfer slot opening. Idle screws out 3/4 turn. Set idle stop screw. Checked clearance at accel pump lever, can fit a .015" in at WOT, slides in and out, can pull the bottom of the spring a little.

Seems like the only way it will start is to crank it for long time while pumping the throttle. It will spit back out the carb but if the plugs are dry enough it will fire. Mostly it won't idle unless the throttle is open kind of wide. I'm not sure why it runs and idles sometimes and not others.

Looking for more suggestions. Why is thing so rich and hard to start? Do I need a different carb? I have a TQ on the shelf...

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500