Quote:

Just curious, how do you keep tires balanced/not shaking, etc when they are flat-spotted from this treatment?

Chapper- the first thing is that i bought radial tires for the front that WONT flat spot nearly as easy as a drag front would, almost takes years unless the tires dry out, my car is garage kept so that wont happen. the second thing is maintenance, i will have my balance checked on the fronts 2-3 times a year to be sure, this year i did it twice and only 1 of the two times was it off at all, a small margain the 2nd time they were checked, the first time they were still dead on... i have never noticed shaking ever. I have double adjustable control arms which should also be checked, alignment may not stay perfect after so many parks... with proper tools and my dads experience i am able to keep the front end in shape all year. Car comes home and in to the shop almost every week to be checked. I also test heavy braking on raceday to be sure everything sounds/feels good prior to going down the racetrack.

thanks again to everyone chiming in with nice things to say.

Any other ?'s

Nick Bowman
1970 Plymouth Duster -
"Footbrake" Red-or-Dead
2X Pittsburgh Raceway Park Points Champion