When you race against good racers that know how to drive the big end, dialing tight and trying to kill the tree works maybe 20% of the time. Anything goes wrong, and you're done. That's why racers have so many excuses. You won't see any smoke out of either of my cars at the top end but I can tell you that I'll at least be able to put myself in a position to win the round whether I was a bit late, it spun, whatever. The people that win the big races, the names you are all familiar with...they all understand that this is not so much racing as it is a big numbers game. A good driver can coach you into making a bigger mistake on the big end than he did on the starting line, or get inside a package that would have been hard to do by dialing hard. Heck, I've won whole events without even once taking the stripe. Just worked out that way, and I'll be the first to say my driving abilities don't hold a candle to the "hitters." I'm not saying lock them up or do something unsafe, but if you're looking straight ahead, be ready for someone like Nick to eat your lunch.