I know that may be tough to watch but I guarantee you the best bracket racers in the nation manage the stripe just like that, or close to it...get it in high gear and turn around and look for the opponent, I raced with Scotty Richardaon, his brother Edmond, Luke Bogaki, Tommy Phillips, both the Heffler brothers and if you think they are not turning around in the seat looking for you would be sadly mistaken...yes, if you kill the tree and tight dial (and can run it) you will be tough to beat...however...most serious bracket racers are "carrying" a few and WILL be turning around looking to see where you are so they can kill a few...if you are tight and on your dial you got 'em but...I won a couple of championships and alot of money turning around in the seat of my dragster and judging the opponent...there is an art to driving the stripe, when I started bracket racing I was a tight dialer, when I started winning I loosened the dial and started driving the stripe...just sayin, is there a right way or a wrong way maybe not, you just learn what it takes to win...imho.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD