Quote:

Indy Dave - Your Aspen will be an awesome car. Wouldn't it be better suited to run in the SCCA C/Prepared Solo class? Example: It could/would run with John Sandberg's AAR.

Nothing says I couldn't run CP with the Aspen when it's done but my intent is to build the street car I've always dreamed of building. The Pro-Touring movement gave me the final push I needed to do it. Besides, I'm tired of building cars to a set of rules. Been there, done that. I'm primarily a local racer so building a dedicated CP car would mean I get to mostly play with myself at the events I run at. I'll run the Match Tour my region is hosting but that's it outside of our local events. I Really have no interest in chasing the National Tour or vacationing in Nebraska every September.

Quote:

What Dave no love for the RamVan?

I have lots of love for my van but the safety steward won't let me run it! He drones on about it being a high center of gravity vehicle, the wheelbase is too long, blah, blah, blah. He doesn't know it but I have pre-checked courses with it before.......

Dave Dusterberg
1979 Aspen R/T (soon to be #19 CAM/T)
2002 Ram 1500 SLT
2005 Magnum R/T
2005 Mustang GT SCCA CAM/C #19