Personally, I really think the SCCA E/Street Prepared (basically, I refer to the "Street Prepared" catagory) concept of their rules are very, very good and keep the cost reasonably down and to the benefit of the average wrenching garage do-it-yourselfer car nut.

I would only request of them (the SCCA) to exit certain vehicles which they've recently allowed into the E/SP class (the little foreign imports have too much advantage in their short wheel base configuration). In other words, I'd favor more Classic American Pony/Muscle cars to be the domain of entrants within E/SP. You could get into models/years/special options, etc, but the "Street Prepared" category is, basically, a class/category that allows bolt-on mods, update/backdate, and without internal engine modifications. I've built my car around that set of rules... ran that class since its inception back in ~1985 to current... very satisfied with the competition and concept of the E/SP class/category.... may, possibly, still someday get back active into it (I observe the local current events, as well as the SCCA national-level competition/entrants).

Now... I'm considering another club here in the midwest (WIS/IL/IN/MI) (www.mcscc.org) featuring "hi-speed" road course solo/autocross competition.. (and their rules are different than the SCCA Solo rules, and car classifications of types/models/years, etc, that I've been accustomed to)... based upon "points per modification".. which, quite honestly, I feel is too arbitrarily assessed.... I've tried, to a small extent, in getting that system changed ... like world war 3 breaking out... oh well... maybe I'll join them rather than fight them... and it's a well run series with good social gatherings, etc. "If ya wanta play the game.. ya gotta play by the rules.."

7989168-DSC08397.jpg (87 downloads)

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!