Quote:

Why the 3000lb weight limit ?

because its keeps costs down. your basically allowing unlimited mods and $$$$ to eventually complete against cars that have to abide by a much larger set of rules and cannot change as much. Its already going to ruffle feathers and sour the veterans.

What a breath of fresh air!! essentially >3000lbs, stock body panels. 2 seats, 200UTQG tires, 'street legal' and safe. My only wish is that the class STAYS so simple. Loose and simple rules is a MUST if you want to draw in 30-40yr old cars that people like to tinker with. The idea is clearly to encourage participation and to set the hook early. But i predict that SCCA will ruin it with rules before its a bonafide class.

In the mean time I'm excited. Ive been meaning to bring my a-body barracuda out to our Rantoul, IL events for a couple years now. Guess its time to get it sorted out. Hell Ive had a 5.7 on the stand now for 3 years ready to go in, but have been focusing on learning to drive the neon, now SRT, and didn't want to take it off the road.

Last edited by Trojmn; 01/05/14 06:33 PM.