Quote:

I dont know what it takes with you but I put 2 cams
in like I said... one wide LSA and no lope and one
with a tight LSA and it loped ALL the rest of the
engine same... but I'll go back and tell the cam lab
guys they have been wrong all these years... as well
as the cam companies
Oh..... I NEVER have black in the carb....
so lets just say you have your idea and I have mine
and let the guys think what they want... OK

I don't know what it takes with you, but I've got $2,000 cash that says I'm right and your wrong....I'll PROVE it to you in person.....Come take my money....... If 2K isn't enough for you to fly or drive to Oklahoma, name the amount......3K?? 4K?? 5K?? Name it....... You're trying to nicely call me a liar, and I'm nicely trying to pay you to teach me a lesson........

I'm not saying that what you've done isn't happening........I believe you......but it's because of reversion.....the motor is idling on exhaust because more overlap is allowing more exhaust into the intake tract.......Do your test with zoomie headers or block hugger headers and see what happens........

Cam lab guys aren't working with zoomies.......Tell them to try zoomies and see what happens......

I never said your motor had black soot in the intake or carb....I've seen that on customer's cars and figured you may have seen that before?? Guess not...

I don't have an "idea" or "theory" like you've already said.......I have FACT.........and I'll prove that you're the one with "ideas" and "theories".....and I'll even pay you to prove me wrong.......

SLOW67..........You're not reading everything I'm saying......YES.....the camshaft will change the idle BUT it's because of reversion, not "pulling in part of the next fuel charge"

Blusmbl.....I agree......I never said that a camshaft doesn't effect the sound, or "lopeyness" of an idle.......All I'm saying is that you can take ANY motor with zoomies, and it won't have a "lopey" idle, unless timing is way retarded and it's very rich.....so, if I can prove to you guys that that's actually true, then it's the EXHAUST SYSTEM (including headers) and NOT so much the camshaft causing the "lopey" idle...AND THAT'S A FACT THAT I'LL WAGER ON

The OP's motor sounds perfect......and to change the camshaft just to TRY to get a different sound is crazy IMHO......

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......