Quote:

Hello, putting together my 70 swinger with a 383 BB and the mechanical fan is a little to close for comfort with my 26" Champion radiator. What electric fan would you recommend for a street driven BB? I had a HHR fan laying around and thats just a little to thick.

Thanks
Ryan

I have the dual fan 'BeCool' unit in my Charger. Any dual fan unit should work (or have a better chance) as it will have the gap in the middle between the two fans as opposed to the single fan dead center.

The unit is around $250 or so on Summit (Spal is the manufacturer I think). In addition, you will need the relays/harness/thermostat. They have the kit you can buy maybe total $650 or so with everything.

I have a Summit aluminum crossflow radiator in my Charger with the dual fan setup. Keeps the car <= 190* on a hot day idling with A/C on. Motor is a 500ci stroker.

Get ready because you will have the people who couldn't make it work tell you to 'just go mechanical'. Nothing wrong with a mechanical setup (yes I agree it works fine) but electric does have benefits.

Takes planning and $$$ but electric can be made to work rather well. Biggest thing is you need to wire it correctly and upgrade your alternator if you are still on the OEM round/square back design.