Quote:

For it to bog that bad I'm thinking carb but with 2 carbs acting the same I'm thinking vac leak. Total normally should be 35 on a SB (checked with vac adv capped) but with mags then 31-32 is a good ballpark & that get set AFTER the initial is set (vac gauge method works good for initial) but all that needs to wait till the problem at hand is solved. On a side note what is the idle speed in drive & the advance starting at 1600 is a bit late but that's not what's causing it to bog that severely. the compression test tells me the long block is healthy & that only leaves ign or vac leak (intake/PCV). I ain't a cam guy so no opinion on the TC but that is a SEVERE bog

Well I have checked the entire top side of the engine for vacuum leaks. I've sprayed all around the intake, carb etc.. no idle change at all. Is there anywhere else it could be sucking from that would cause a leak? Also if there was a vacuum leak wouldnt it run crappy threw the entire range of the engine? Not just on the low end?

Idle speed in drive is around 450-500. I checked the timing while in drive and it is solid at 24* initial. Cant remember if I stated this or not, but when my timing was turned back into the teens I only dropped about 200rpm so idle speed in drive was about 650-700.

Im sooooo frustrated!!!!