Quote:

Total is too high but that ain't causing your symptoms. Are the floats correct & is the accel pump tip in immediate & sufficient duration. Cam might need degreeing (some timing sets are way off). Might do a quick compression test just to get a baseline. I'm assuming the reluctor gap/rotor phasing is OK. ported or manifold vacuum? What springs in the dist? 5 & 7 plug wires correct? We will solve this

Ok first thing, Where do you think my total should be at? I only have about 12* of mechanical in my dizzy. I've checked my float level with the engine off and the gas barely trickles out of the plug on the side of the bowl. I have not checked the accel pump but the squirters do shoot gas in immediately when I give it some throttle. The carb is a reman from Holley so I was going to check to see if the power valve was sized correctly. I also tried a Eddy 600 on the car and it ran exactly the same way.

I was told that my cam was degreed when built but no way to verify this. My compression was 148-155. The reluctor gap was corrected when it was curved. As was the springs. My mechanical starts at 1600 and full in by 2400. Im on Timed port, side of metering block. I can double check the 5&7 wires, but 99% sure they are correct.