Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Drilling and tapping using screw in studs leaves very near as much meat around the stud as the OEM original knurled pressed in studs

Quote:

The axles on my sons Dart were drilled to the large pattern and has screw in studs. It was done in 1997 and the axles are still in the car. It has been raced and driven over the years with no problems. Ron

You guys need to quit making sense.

I've done the same thing. Launching off a transbrake and running sub 1.50 60's.

Run stud centric wheels.

Both my failures were on the street turning quick corners, not nearly the same loads on drag cars...

I've done all kind of autocrossing and high speed track days with mine. Driven 1600 miles in 40 hours and overloaded car to 5600 lbs once. Lots of other long trips.

Been off track a few times at high speed. Bent front steel rim once and twice had to have my rear tires dismounted and remounted to remove the chunks of earth wedged between the tire and rim bead.

The corners are long enough and fast enough that the rear end will puke diff oil out the little factory breather.

Going directly sideways against the axle over desert terrain at 70mph or so...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XJW-YvipFYE...mp;ved=0CA0QqwQ

But nowdays I would have just got real BBP axles. Makes life easier for brakes.

My failures were long before screw-in studs were available, so I cannot comment on how good they are.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!