Quote:

LOL...look at all the haters. I'm with Pyper on this one. You all hate HIDs because YOU don't have them. as someone else has already pointed out, they are only annoying to other drivers if they are not adjusted correctly. We're in 2013 folks -- halogen bulbs with a 20 foot reach don't cut it any more. Get with the times...

I deal with HIDs all day long. When they're OEM installations they are tolerable at best. They have improved over the years and the 2014 Mercedes seem to be a bit easier on other drivers. Naturally, the vehicle buyers love the vision at night.
Aftermarket installations are quite different. I have yet to see an installation with properly designed reflectors and lenses. There are tons of bulb kits that stuff HIDs in halogen housings. They are horrible. The reflectors need to be totally different for the HID bulbs. Drivers with these cars enjoy the light because it's scattering all over the place and lighting up the whole neighborhood.

Properly designed, they're okay. Sadly, few cars have properly designed lights. Nobody remembers seeing the good ones because they're not memorable.
Everybody remembers the bad ones because it generates negative emotions.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon