Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok so I have counted the teeth... 130, I have measured the bellhousing...13 3/4 so it is an 11 inch. Therefore it must be the starter. I will be pulling it. Thanks to those who were helpful.

SORRY TYPO.... it is 15 3/4. Alum original bell housing. 130 teeth flywheel. The starter still hits the flywheel. I am out of town on business and plan to pull the starter Saturday. Makes no sense to me that it isn't lined up and engageing.

Wondering if you found the problem.

Ok ..I have been working on these cars for 40 + years and never ran into this. I finally got the starter out after removing just about everything to get the hooker headers out of the way so I could pull the starter. Starter is correct big block starter. Bell housing is alum original style. 15 3/4 from bolt to bolt. Flywheel is 130 teeth ..BUT! The flywheel hits the housing of the starter and the gear from the starter hit the side of the flywheel and cannot in gage!
AAAHHHGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
No part number on bell housing, no way to measure the flywheel. Going to the Mopar Nats with measurements to see what I can find out. God I am pissed!

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert