I'm suprised it has done as well as it has. It still has the stock .370 lift 318 cam in it and the Napa rebuilt 318 heads. I had the heads apart to clean and inspect this spring. A couple seats and been changed and the castings hadn't been blended back to the seats, it was ugly to say the least. It took a bit of willpower on my part NOT to touch them, I did finally cave in on advancing the cam though. The exhaust TO the turbo is also very restrictive. I had too small a space for two pipes to merge to feed the hot side, it's amazing what you can do though with a little motivation, a torch a hammer and a mg welder.
As far as what to put it in, I've got a 81 D-150 4x4 that in it's previous lives spent time with the DNR keeping felled trees from hitting the ground. After that a neighbor picked it up and tryed finishing it off using it as a spray truck. 3 years ago my neighbor said come and get it. He'd cracked both heads, worn out the steering coupler, trashed the brakes, and put a few more dents in it. HemiRam (Larry H.) from the board gave me a 65,000 mile 67' 318 that was in his way and I dropped that in the truck. I runs and drives like a million buck now but would win 3 out of 4 ugly truck contests. It would make a perfect Q ship.Dave