The only part of a rubber LCA bushing "holding" the arm in place is the rubber. This is my whole point, THE BUSHING DOES NOT CONTROL FRONT TO REAR MOVEMENT. So a differently installed bushing will make little difference, only the material strength, in which poly is much stronger/stiffer than rubber.

lets go to the other extreme

What if you "slid" in a solid steel bushing? Assume the steel bushing would have enough clearance to be installed by hand. According to your reasoning the steel bushing would be WORSE than the rubber one because the BUSHING would not restrain the arm fore/aft. With ANY tension on the bars and the strut rod in place the LCA WILL NOT MOVE! You see, your reasoning does not make sense.

A GOOD LCA bushing should prevent any deviation in lca's sweep radius under changing loads. The least amount of bushing deformation under load the better. PERIOD! The hot ticket in bushing material now is hard plastic called Delrin.

As you stated, your car has issues, the least of which is what the LCA bushing is made out of. Changing the LCA bushing and NOT the sloppy, rubber k-frame isolators, which by the way, the LCA is mounted to, doesn't make good sense. How could you even tell what any in difference the bushings if half the suspension is moving all over?

Solid mount your K-frame and poly LCA bushings will be a deffinate improvment over rubber.

p.s. i must have been somewhere else the "countless" times you'd talked about your car's problems. My bad

Dave

1972 Swinger 3.6L Pentastar
Diablo CMR tuner