there's no good reason a poly lca bushing will act any worse than a rubber one. i believe PST went to rubber as a PR move to appease guys who think their LCA going to fall off because the bushing squirms around a bit when reinstalling the torsion bars.

The fact of the matter is the bushing, rubber or even JELLO for that matter, does nothing to inhibit fore and aft movement of the LCA. Thats all controlled by the strut rod. Another point, the torsion bar is NEVER unloaded while the adjusting bolt is tight. Thats why it must be loosened to remove the bar. If you think im nuts, try to get the torsion bar out with the bolt tight and let us know how it goes.

If by chance, your adjusting bolt breaks off and your strut rod snaps AND a chain snags the tire as you drive by, NO bushing will help hold the LCA on. Aside from that the LCA isn't going anywhere

I can't readily explain the few "cures" for the handling woes simply by reinstalling a rubber bushing, nor do I think i should possibly bruise the increasingly fragile egos on this board by suggesting its intaller error, but blaming the bushing material just doesn't make sense.

dave

1972 Swinger 3.6L Pentastar
Diablo CMR tuner