Quote:

Im Pretty sure it had nothing to do with the pedestal type set up being a better design. If that was the case they would not make shaft mounted conversion kits for Chevrolet race applications.
Press in rocker studs and Girdles that are the alternative for the Bow-Tie should say it all.
Cost Savings not Quality.

the shaft mount rockers and pedestal rockers share the same low friction 1/2 barrel fulcrum design and are a reliable set up either way for a non-adjustable rockers. less friction,less wear,longevity

the pedestal mount is just cheaper overall in production with less materials used, with the same reliabilty/longevity as the old tried and true shaft rockers.

savings would then be seen coming down the line as the 1 part fits all. there is no need to check/recheck/sign off before it goes out the door. less work, less workers, more profit..

I thought about this back when i worked on a 3.8 ferd engine with the pedestal mount non-adjustable rockers... owner thought they were adjustable and snaped the bolt off in the head and I removed it and replace 1 bolt/rocker/alum fulcrum to stop the ticking lifter.

since then I have fixed 2 318 magnums from ticking by replacing the pedestll mount rockers as a set for a givin cyl. (biggest issue I find for ticking is clogged roller lifters)

parts bill 58$ try that with a LA shaft mount rockers I never have had luck swaping rockers around on shafts for lifter ticks from worn mech parts.

plus the old mopar engineers are all gone and a lot of younger chebby guys work there now. they know after market will be upgrading to screw in studs and roller rockers that are chebby cheap to use on the new magnum heads.