Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've always been a FAN of Centr. Blowers.

BUT belt slip is a BIG issue when pushing for much over 12psi.

Unfortunately hardly anyone makes a pulley setup for a fully optioned (A/C, PS, etc) street Mopar application that will hold anything passed 10-12psi.

There are a few Cog Drive systems out there that will hold some serious boost but built only for LA based small blocks and limited accessories

Yes, belt slippage is an issue. Ya gotta runem TIGHT!! Per Procharger, with very little or no belt tensioner free play.

you can buy a kit for a BBC and make it work for about 1/2 what a mopar kit would run. AMHIK.

Can you elaborate on that a little? I have seen you mention it before, but am curious to know what parts would cross over and what has to be changed/modified?

The crank pulley has to be drilled out for a Mopar crank, of course since it's not symmetrical (bolt holes) it cost a tad more. The main mounting bracket has short tabs on it, if you cut and add metal they can easily be mounted to the PS pads. (my main bracet was steel not aluminum) however you can always make a template w/ ply wood and have whatever you want cut and drilled at a local machine shop for WAY less than a "kit" I took the crank pulley to a machine shop and my template to my dads, where he cut and welded it. A quick grind and paine and it looked factory. The machine shope drilled the crank pulley and madea aluminum spacer so it would fit well in the 2 grove pulley. Then it's just a matter of lining everything up. For the back support I added a 1/4 piece of steel, I cut it, heated it and bent it to fit. I did have the discharge tube cut/welded at a shop. I had about $2200 in my set-up including new fuel system, carb prep, gauges and bungs.

7762615-2s_c.jpg (70 downloads)