Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've always been a FAN of Centr. Blowers.

BUT belt slip is a BIG issue when pushing for much over 12psi.

Unfortunately hardly anyone makes a pulley setup for a fully optioned (A/C, PS, etc) street Mopar application that will hold anything passed 10-12psi.

There are a few Cog Drive systems out there that will hold some serious boost but built only for LA based small blocks and limited accessories

Yes, belt slippage is an issue. Ya gotta runem TIGHT!! Per Procharger, with very little or no belt tensioner free play.

They going to supply new Main Bearings and a S/C rebuild with that advice?

I have seen more than a FEW with pre-mature main bearing and S/C pulley shaft wear from tightening all the play out of the belt and pulleys.

The side load on the crank and the S/C itself become an Issue.

On a Race Car I say go for it!!!! You will have it apart and freshened at the end of the year anyways. Probably not going to hurt anything.

BUT a street rod????

Good points, but that holds true with any belt driven blower. One of the down sides for street driven stuff. Then again, you are probably not going to want to run 15 lbs of boost on the street. I have a run on film with the belt tension set in the muddle of the tensioner travel. Jumps right up to 12 lbs and by the time I hit the lights the boost was down to about 5 lbs. Run the tensioner up to the end of its travel and boost jumped right up to 15 lbs and stayed there for the entire run. Procharger makes 5 different pulley sizes for their D1-SC. The 4" pulley is the middle size. A larger pulley might be in order for the street. When I ordered my blower kit, I told them that my HP goal was 700. My kit came with a 4" pulley. Pretty much what the OP dyno'ed. My application is race only.

Fastest 300