You guys went about this all the wrong way. The LA motors already have a serpentine belt setup. 1991-early 1992 Dakotas are throttle body LAs, with a serpentine belt setup. I am in the process of converting my Satellite. The timing cover has a boss made onto the side of it to mount the p/s pump, nice and close to the block. The only hang-ups so far have been the cam bolt and the tensioner. The alternator, compressor, water pump, crank pulley, and p/s pump bolt right up and line up perfectly, with no clearance issues at all, even with headers. Another bonus is that the Dakota compressor sits at a slight angle, so the compressor outlet ports are almost perfectly in line with the existing a/c hoses. The dipstick has plenty of clearance, too. I had to relocate one heater hose, but the radiator hose won't have to change much. The head of the cam bolt is too tall, so I ordered one for a Dakota from Mopar, but I still had to grind it down. It fits fine now. I also had to take up the extra space on the cam snout so that the sprocket wouldn't walk. A couple of hardware store 1" washers took care of that. I still have to have custom p/s lines and a/c hoses made...no big deal. And on to the tensioner... the Dakota's tensioner is mounted on the air pump bracket. It is big, ugly, and hits the fenderwell anyway. And the tensioner is sprung the wrong way. So what I am in the process of doing is using a Magnum-style tensioner with a six groove pulley (the Dakota stuff is all six groove, instead of seven), which is sprung the opposite way, and a custom made bracket. I am not done, but I will post pictures and part numbers when I'm done. This setup is almost a simple bolt-on, with plenty of clearance, even with my tall valve covers and Hooker super-comp headers...

Last edited by matthewf229; 05/09/11 11:37 PM.