Quote:

Ball and trunnion parts are not hard to find, maybe in locally, but getting one isn't.

www.oldmoparts.com is another source. Ran one in my 64 300 for years with a warm 413, a stick, 4.10 gears and N50 meats. Broke the rear U joint and even ripped the ear off the 8 3/4's yoke, but never broke a B&T.

Well, there are two different size B&T joints. I am working on a 64 Dodge (for a customer) that was a /6 automatic and installing a 440 with a pushbutton BB 64 transmission. There was no flange on the rear of the rebuilt supplied trans. I have a BB 64 trans that has the flange, but the orig driveshaft B&T won't fit the BB flange. However, I also have a 64 trans from an Imperial, and it has what looks like an 8 3/4 pinion yoke on it that I removed. I will get a driveshaft made with a slip yoke shaft like a truck, pretty much what the above linked article shows. Any case, here are a couple pics of that yoke, it looks just like the one the 741 rear end in the car. Has #2882284 on it and 20 HT W stamped on it also.

7734657-frontflange.jpg (68 downloads)