I am still fine-tuning our setup on a 16' open trailer. I just got 2 of the trucker style D ring loops and welded them to 6" square 1/4" thk plates, then bolted them through the frame to the front corners of the trailer with grade 8's 1/2" bolts. The stock flush mounted rings seemed wimpy, and weren't far enough out to get a good angle on the straps, probably due to a short trailer and long car ( 66 charger). On the front I am using axle straps and 10k ratchet straps, but am thinking of welding a U-bolt to the bottom of the K member similar to Al on his dart.

On the back I am considering what a friend did on his top fuel car, use 2 axle straps and a chain with a chain hook, slip the chain end thru the strap eyes, thru the bed hook and hook to chain forming a loop, and use the fronts to remove the slack. I also built a removable cable winch ( to keep it out of the weather and theft deterrance- also something to do with the welder that's fun-lol) and I will also use the winch as a backup for tension on the front. I'll snap a picture tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

What do you-all think of the chain on the rear end?

Thanks

Allen

'05 Quad cab hemi truck- Flame red- magnaflow exhaust 70-440 cuda- 74-360-4v Challenger- new driver car EX vehicles: 66 charger Drag car- 10.80 at 123 mph 57 imperial 392 Hemi 1960 Sanger V drive- mondello-built 392 hemi