Quote:

I also have a 18' open. I have the 10,000 lb straps too. BUT, I wouldn't recommend tying the car down like this {see attached}. I want to get axle straps and D-rings installed. The hooks on the end of these straps are hooked on the bottom side of the trailer, where the ramps hook on. I have ruined 2 straps. They get frayed easily. I crossed the front straps. These ones are a little long, as you can tell. I bought them the day before this trip. It'll def. be different this year.

I've towed thousands of miles this way, never a problem. I just towed the car home tonight from the chassis shop in a blinding snow squall with the new truck, no problems. Need a lower ball mount to get the trailer level sometime down the road.

Like was said earlier, if you cross them and one breaks, the car is going to move around much easier because the tension will easily be lost, where if it's straight the tension is still there.

My car has never moved on the trailer with them straight, even over PA's horrible roads.