Quote:

70-72's had bumpers relatively flush with the body. They did not have jack slots. They had a cut-out on the underside lip of the bumper, & the jack "hook" hooked into this slot, whereas 73-74's had a "slot" in the bumper face, and a "tab" on the jack mechanism fit into the slot.

You'll need 70-72 bumpers, since the bracket holes are in a different position from the 73-74, as well as the previously noted jack slot vs. cut-out difference. Don't forget, your jack with the "tab" will not work. You will need a different jack mechanism, as well as a 70-72 Challenger specific jack hook. The last 3 digits of the part no. on the hook are "102", and the 102 hooks are being reproed.

Actually '72 bumpers do have jack slots. '70-71's do not. Here is a pic of my '72-bumpered '74. I believe if you check out AMD they will show the same on their repro bumpers. This way, you can retain the same jack set up if you like.

4786628-bumper.jpg (1715 downloads)

1968 Charger project. I don't have a fender tag or a buildsheet, so it's getting a 440. Help me decide on a color--most everything looks great! (NOT white. My Challenger is white. Need some variety :D)
1974 Challenger 360
2012 Challenger R/T
1991 Dakota 5.2