Quote:

yes, I know. The 518 is still an option if I can find one, but from a bunch of research on moparts, the 518 can really rob a lot of ET. then I had to ask myself "Ray, if I told you that if you took that 518 out and put in a 727 you would pick up 3 tenths, would you do it?" and I answered "hell ya, 3 tenths is huge. You mean to tell me that a 727 would pick up that much?" this conversation with no one went on for awhile last night

Can you post this .3 difference between the 2 trans..
I know its heavier but I dont see .3 between them

If you do a search in the google bar up top you will find the same threads I did. I have spoke to many trans guys about this over the past 4 days. these trans have heavy internal parts and rob a percentage of horsepower. as the HP goes up so does the amount of HP they rob. the 518 is worse than the 4l80 from what I was told but both will do it. the initial acceleration of such heavy parts is the problem, once you get them spinning then its fine, till you go to stop. and it starts all over again

have you taken your car to the track yet? does it run what it should?

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs