Quote:

Quote:

after 3 days of consideration

I have figured my car put 1 million more engine revolutions on it during Drag Week than it would have if I had a .75 OD in it

I also figured out my fuel consumption per engine revolution.

I figured out that the OD should add 3.3 MPG to my current setup

I say that I would drive my car more than I do if it got better fuel mileage but the $300 a year in fuel savings doesn't pay for the cost of the 4l80e swap.

so for me, this trans swap is dead. plan on putting my 426 gen 3 hemi in the car. slap a little carb on it and see what kind of fuel mileage I can get out of it and hopefully make it daily driver capable

Your only figuring in the mileage aspect... is a
million more revs worth something(meaning more frequent
tear downs)... I have about $350 into my 518... not
counting the drive shaft which I had to get either way

yes, I know. The 518 is still an option if I can find one, but from a bunch of research on moparts, the 518 can really rob a lot of ET. then I had to ask myself "Ray, if I told you that if you took that 518 out and put in a 727 you would pick up 3 tenths, would you do it?" and I answered "hell ya, 3 tenths is huge. You mean to tell me that a 727 would pick up that much?" this conversation with no one went on for awhile last night

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs