Quote:

I've known Lonnie (Extreme Automatics) for a long time he a great guy and builds great units. We were talking because I was trying to decide which trans to put in my cuda behind a 588 kb hemi I was thinking 727 and gear vendors but he said and it makes sense if you run a high stall non lock up converter when the gear vendors goes into overdrive and the rpm drops the converter never couples and slips more so it does not work for what I was looking for so I'm going with a 4l80e plus I like the idea electronic shifting hard to manually shift consistently and not over rev it once you start going fast and an air shifter is not practical for the street.

Forgive my hijack, but if the GV causes the converter to not couple, what would be the difference in any of the other OD trans in this discussion without lockup? It has already come out that there is not enough clutch in a locking converter to hold a high HP engine. Just wondering as I have been waiting to drive my 540ci HEMI with 3,0000 stall converter and GV set up.