Quote:

Quote:

Make sure you look good at the upper control arm mounting tabs that they didn't crack where they are welded to the body. My car I have now had bad strut rod bushings and it broke off the tab that the upper arm bolts into because of the back and forward motion of the lower control arm. The person that owned it before me crashed at the track due to it busting off. This is an a body but im sure it still applys to a b body.

I've seen the mounting tabs have issues with the worn strut bushings also...But in 73 the B body went to a different UCA mounting system attached to the K frame...

Something to look for that has'nt been addressed :
The strut rod is a stout piece in 73 compared to the LCA mounting points...Make sure the loose/lost bolts did'nt oblong the holes in the LCA...You cant have any slop in those holes or the hardware won't have the ability to keep the strut in place...There's quite a bit of shock/stress all working against the fasteners..

I did check for the holes getting ovaled out and they look good! I am going to try and swap the bolts out today or tomorrow. I used 50 ft-lbs...is this a good spec? What would you guys recommend. This is using blue thread locker.