Quote:

Quote:

Why do you say that? A 1.12" CH seems unfeasible to me.

As far as your idea of a SR477, I like it. I like everything I have read about building a Short Rod Stroker. But without building one to see if the piston skirt would actually hit the crank, I left those feasibility issues to the engine builders. As far as the LR477, I just went to the Ross Piston website and looked at the 400/499 Stroker pistons. They have a piston P/N:99497 that uses a 6.768" Rod with a 4.15 Crank. It has a Compression Height of 1.120"

Here is the Link.
Ross Mopar Pistons

I figure if it is good enough for the 400, then it is fine for the 383. Will it work in the 383? I don't know. Feasible? Maybe.

Thanks for your input.
Mark Jackson
The Jackson Garage

mark , its doable , but thats really a race only piston, its way to short to make a stable long haul piston . also the pin will be in the oil ring , requiring a support rail which will add to the cost.

andy is right on the money , use a 6.535 rod chevy spec rod , the slightly smaller rod end will help in clearing the the oil pickup tube ...

why is it people can't afford to some something right , but they can afford to do it AGAIN ???

running up my post count some more .