Quote:

Quote:

Only thing I'd suggest is to use the longer 440 connecting rod in order to give you a lighter piston. You'll still have plenty of piston height with the 3.75 stroke. If you're willing to spend a few more bucks then use an aftermarket 440 rod with a .990 pin and you'll shave even more weight from the rotating assembly.

Doesn't the 350/361/383/400 "B" engines used the same rod? Bore is the only difference. I'll contact Diamond Racing and get some more information about the pistons. I can see some benefit in using the 440 long rods because of rod angle. But again for a budget build-up, I have to assume that 383 rods are readily available.

Mark Jackson
The Jackson Garage

mark , i edited andy's post , i'm sure that was a typo .

but to answer your question here , yes the 400 rod is the same low deck rod in all the other low deck mopar engines .

diamond has a 431 piston on file , i had a set made a few years ago , for whatever reason i never did build that engine and sold the pistons .

they had a 1.320 CH with a .990 pin .

build the engine with a refurbed LY rod or better yet a decent set of aftermarket 440 rods with a .990 pin size . shoot to have the piston .000 to .005 in the hole and use a closed chamber head .

running up my post count some more .